The agency has instituted eClearance Online Registration System where applicants can fill up their personal information, contact details, family background and other related information before going to NBI offices for biometrics and payment.
DOJ secretary Leila de Lima said that "this is a first in the history of the Department and of the Bureau - our very own clearance system that was internally developed as part of our flagship National Justice Informartion System (NJIS) Project."
“With the implementation of the new NBI system, we shall continue to roll-out and implement solutions to progressively eliminate queues and simplify processes,” she added.
How to register for NBI Clearance online
- Go to http://www.doj.gov.ph/nbi or http://nbi.njis-ph.com/.
- Enter required Clearance Registration information like Application Type (new or renewal), Presented ID, Purpose and Purpose details.
- Enter Applicant Information which includes your full name, gender, civil status, date and place of birth and citizenship. Press 'Submit' and page will refresh to display Contact Details.
- Enter your Contact Details which includes your complete address, contact number and email.
- Enter in the Family Background fields your father and mother's name and their address.
- The Other Information fields ask for your educational attainment, occupation, religion, height and weight, complexion and other identifying marks. Press 'Submit'
- The system will give you Registration Code which will you present to the 56 NBI offices around the country for biometrics processing and payment. You can also print your application with the code.
Online NBI Clearance system is under the National Justice Information System (NJIS) which would link and share information among the sectors under the Judiciary.